Thursday, May 2, 2013

Chocolate Chip Sleeping Bag

Confession time! I once worked in a situation (for years) in which warm-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies were served everyday after lunch. It was BRUTAL.

Each day started with a quiet promise to myself that today was going to be the first day of the rest of my life, meaning I would not UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES eat a cookie. And definitely not the 3 or 4 I had grown accustomed to. And every day ended with a promise to actually keep that promise tomorrow.

Shocking truth? If you "share" 8 giant cookies with someone, you've still eaten 4 yourself. Don't blame me. It's just math. And cookie math is harsh you guys.

There is a food truck in Los Angeles which serves chocolate chip cookies wrapped around candy. Commence heavy breathing. They are stealth. They are gooey. And they are the best example of what can happen when you treat a chocolate chip cookie like a sleeping bag for an Andes mint or peanut butter cup. Zip that candy up and tuck in in for the night.

Goodnight, cruel world. I'm going to my grave with chocolate on my face. Juuuuuust out of reach of my own tongue. Why does that always happen?!

Come see what's up at the Sweet E's Truck. I taped my visit for you guys. Because every girl's dream is to be watched eating cookies. And with extremely rogue hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment